Every year after Virtuoso Travel Week my company has an annual retreat. This year we took a short flight from Las Vegas to Tucson and stayed at The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain, an amazing luxury hotel set in the high Sonoran Desert with gorgeous views of the Tortolita Mountains. It is located approximately thirty-five minutes from the airport in the town of Marana.
This is truly a resort destination. It feels a little bit like going to Mexico, but without having to leave the country. There is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course, a large destination spa with all of the amenities, a popular kids club, three swimming pools (one with a water-slide and one just for adults), six dining options, and twenty miles of hiking trails.
I experienced excellent service and great cuisine during my four night stay. What did I love the most about the resort?
- The numerous thoughtful touches in the guest rooms. For example, a shaving platform in each shower and a lint roller in each closet.
- The spa is truly a destination in and of itself. Spend a day there and have lunch and cocktails by the pool.
- The wide variety of activities available for every travel style and every age of traveler.
- Complimentary Internet throughout the resort.
- The tortoise sanctuary.
This is a Virtuoso Exclusive property. The complimentary amenities are as follows:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability
- $100 USD Resort or Hotel credit, to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Don’t miss my photo tour of the resort!
Do you have questions about The Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain? Are you ready to book? You can’t VIP yourself, so get in touch!
Disclaimer: My stay was at a reduced rate for travel advisors.